If you’re fans of GSI, you already know, we’re all about letting our paranormal investigations inspire our creative works. And when we host events at haunted locations, we hope our friends feel inspired, too! So as we started putting together our first anthology of short horror stories inspired by our investigations, we decided, we want you guys to be part of the fun!
(1) Attend one of our events (because we hosted a few events last years, before we started putting this project together, I will open it up to anyone who attended one of our previous events, as well).
(2) Write a short story inspired by your experience at our event! This is a fictional anthology, so we don’t want a recap of your ghost hunt; we want you to take your experience and let your imagination run wild!
- Short Story Length: 1,000 – 7,500
- Audience: YA (so limited swears and sex stuff )
(3) Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 1st, 2015. In your submission, please include your first and last name, the location and date of the event you attended (if you can’t remember the exact date, no worries, just approximate, I’ll be able to look at the attendance list and figure it out), and put your short story in the body of the email (no attachments please).
And that’s it! Ghost Stories, Inc. will read through the submissions and select one (maybe two) to include in our first GSI anthology, due to be released this fall (2015).
Haven’t attended one of our events, yet? Well, you’re in luck! We have one at the Palmer House April 10th! Click HERE for details and tickets!
And don’t talk yourself out it! You’re not allowed to think things like, “Well, I’d like to write a story, but I’m not a good enough writer…” or “I’ve never written a story before, so I don’t know how to do it right…” Blah, blah, blah…just write! Everyone has at least one good story in them! And trust me, spending the night in the dark, creepy basement of a haunted hotel is sure to inspire a great, scary tale!
I can’t wait to read what you all come up with!
Jessica Freeburg, Ghost Stories, Inc. Founder/Author